Pharmacy Billing Specialist
By QuickRx Posted On 05/20/2019
- Job expire date: 12/31/2020
- Job Type: Permanent
- Hourly Rate: USD 16 - 18 / Hour
- 1458, Fulton Street, Brooklyn, Brooklyn, New York, United States
Who We’re Looking For:
- Experience in billing prescriptions for high-volume pharmacy required; experience working with MicroMerchant highly preferred.
- Ability to function in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of billing guidelines and resources for Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurances.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Track expired prescriptions and send refill requests to providers.
- Track patients who require appointments and develop a scheduling system with relevant departments.
- Assist in internal and external auditing.
- Maintain and update accurate database for drug costs and NDCs; Audit NDC billing and daily supply usage.
- Track Prior Authorizations and import information into Covermymeds; Assist providers with completion of Prior Authorizations.
- Communicate with providers by offering alternative medications, if applicable.
- Assist pharmacies with billing refills and processing new prescriptions.
- Develop relationship with Insurance companies to obtain prior authorizations, overrides, or help desk support in order to maximize the potential in obtaining a paid claim, and to maximize the reimbursement amount.
What We Offer:
- Supportive team
- Medical insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Discount
- Career Growth
- QRP Healthcare Group is a New York healthcare company composed of multiple healthcare divisions, including Urgent Care and Infusion Centers
- HR QRP